Thursday, April 17, 2008

He returns...


Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know I finally made it back from Vegas early this morning. The NAB conference was absolutely amazing, and I was fortunate enough to have been working as a room monitor for several different seminars that dealt with a number of topics relevant to the focus of our 5990 course. I attended a few sessions on video podcasting that featured a great number of tips and ideas for producing video geared for the web. I also got to sit in on a few courses on blogging, as well as some director of photography workshops. All in all it was a great trip and I can't wait to fill you in on everything.

For this week's post I figured I would share with you some of the great resources I came across while at the show. Here's a link to a website produced by Rich Harrington, one of speakers at the conference who devoted a number of his sessions to video production for the web. The site, called vidpodcaster.com, features a blog that is updated several times a week, and also provides a link to subscribe to the free podcast "Producing Video Podcasts" (which can also be done through iTunes as well). I have checked out a few episodes so far and, in addition to being fairly well produced, found them to be pretty informative. I also thumbed through the official book (which goes by the same name) at the NAB book store and am considering picking that up as well just to have on-hand for reference. I would definitely recommended looking into it.

I hope the weekend workshop went well for everyone and can't wait to see how everything turned out. Have a great weekend, and I'll see you all in class next Tuesday...

No comments: