Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sermon Podcasts

I’ve been hearing about priests podcasting their sermons and putting them online. I thought it was interesting, and I wanted to see how common it is.

Here is a link to a blog posting discussing the idea. It says that podcasting is all about niche markets, and church teachings are definitely niche markets. I think it is interesting how many aspects of our lives are becoming affected by new media.

"The Church and Sermon Podcast Hosting Niche"

Not to promote any specific churches or denominations, but here are two examples I found. The St. Philip’s one has a pretty impressive web site.

St. Philip's Episcopal Church

Peachtree Presbyterian Church

1 comment:

sguevara said...

This is somewhat disturbing for me. Church, religion, and/or spirituality is suppose to be something sacred and holy. These podcasts are just ridiculous...