Thursday, February 28, 2008

Music on my mind...

Here's yet another link I was recently introduced to that has proven quite helpful to me as of late. The site is called freeplaymusic, and what it provides is a database of over 2500 royalty-free songs that are free to download. All music from the site can be used for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. Though one might be tempted to think that free music of this sort must come with some sort of catch, perhaps in terms of overall quality, I can personally attest that after having scoured the site for a few hours, sampling different offerings here and there across several different genres, I found myself continually impressed with the general consistency in quality I heard from song to song. Sure, this isn't the work of A-list artists by any means, but that's not to say this stuff wouldn't be perfectly suited for use as background ambience in a short video piece, audio interview, podcast, etc. We just recently used a few songs from the database for some of the graphics we put together for the Red Clay Chef competition this past weekend, and the music definitely worked to enhance the overall production value of the event. And hey, like I said before, IT'S FREE. No need to worry about copyright violations or anything of that sort...So, check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments: