Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can't help me-self

Okay, so we haven't really started in with posting multimedia stuff, and I'm sorry if anybody wigs out about this, but I came across a Web site called Vuvox via Multimedia Shooter article. Though the article talks about the currently-in-beta-testing collage tool, I explored the rest of the site. It was interesting. You can basically produce little (hate to use this word, but it's the first that comes to mind) cutesy photo projects.

Anyway, here's an example of one of the simpler things you can do. Click the photos to get closer to them, click outside the photo to zoom out, and, yes, the photos move inside of the frames.



Fun stuff, right? Easy, too -- just create an account, and they'll take you through the process of uploading, editing and "publishing" your work. (I say "publishing" with quotations due to Tuesday's discussion.) Here's another version, a "photo tree" idea, which is more interesting virtually than in reality. In my opinion.



So far, I haven't found a way to edit any pieces post-publication, though that doesn't mean the ability isn't there. Accounts are free, by the way, so feel free to play.

Ciao, folks.

3 comments:

Jake Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Daniels said...

Not yet -- I don't really know that the set up of the whole thing is really what I want to use in a professional setting. Maybe on a multimedia page, though, under a "Just 4 Fun" heading or something.

Beth Cooper said...

I really love this. You're right, too; it is very cutesy (but cool though-unique). Are those your own photos or are those the standard examples or whatnot? They are pretty dang clever...I'm not gonna lie.