Thursday, January 10, 2008

Intro Post...

Hey everyone,

My name is Jared Bargiel and I'm currently a 4th year student here at UGA, just now starting what unfortunately looks to be my last semester at the university (not quite sure if I'm ready or not for the "real world" just yet...scary and exciting these times are indeed...). I'm a Telecommunication Arts major and Film Studies minor, focusing the majority of my studies on film and video production and hoping to one day work as an assistant camera operator on various major motion pictures. Ideally, once I manage to get my foot into the door, I would like to work my way towards becoming a director of photography at some point. Big dreams...I know, but just remember my name for now...I can assure you it won't be the last time you'll be hearing/seeing it...I'm also a self-proclaimed video game junkie and an avid fan of electronic music, specifically trance (originally a guilty pleasure that I'm now no longer ashamed of...and I'm just now starting to produce my own tracks as well, so who knows, maybe one day I'll live the dream life doubling as a world renowned filmmaker and DJ). And for the record, though I'm originally from Ohio, I consider Alpharetta, GA my hometown.

The main reason I chose to take this seminar is simply due to the fact that UGA offers practically no interesting classes as far as general electives are concerned, and the ones that might be interesting are always booked full on day one of registration. That being said, I've grown tired of signing up for classes merely in exchange for the credit hours they provide. I'm the type that would prefer to invest my time and effort into a class I feel I can actually pull something away from, and this seminar seemed to fit the bill. Though I've done a fair bit a work as far as video is concerned, I'm really not as acquainted with other modes of multimedia production, such as podcasting and web design/development, as I would like to be. So my goal for this class is to enhance my overall knowledge and understanding of these various modes of multimedia content distribution, rounding out my current skill set and hopefully giving me a little extra edge once I'm out there and fending for my own on the job market.

No comments: