Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yet another TNJN post...

As I'm sure everyone who attended the guest lecture today is already well aware, the TNJN website pretty much blew me away. All of the features it packs (multimedia support, clean and easily navigable interface, etc.) screams a certain level of professionalism most wouldn't expect of college students. This pic shows off one of my favorite features of the site-the photo gallery viewer. Though it may be fairly simplistic in design, I really haven't seen this type of photo viewing plug-in implemented in many other websites, particularly student-run websites. Click a photo to view, and it appears front-and-center in the middle of the screen while everything else behind it dims to provide emphasis. Simple...practical...genius...I'm liking it.

1 comment:

Mark E. Johnson said...

That type of photo display is actually a common blogger way of showing photos. I believe it's called Lightbox.