Friday, January 11, 2008

Jake from Cohutta

My name's Jake Clark and I'm from Cohutta, a loose confederacy of fields in northwest Georgia just a few minutes from the Tennessee line. I enjoy playing around with computers and programs and I'm excited about taking this course. I just finished an internship at Creative Loafing last semester where I worked with their online production department, so I know a little about this stuff, but the opening powerpoint in class listed several programs that I am completely unfamiliar with.

I'm not too good at any one thing, both in general and regarding my chosen profession, so I like to call myself a jack of all trades. I think this class will boost my jack of all trades cred so that when I go to apply for a reporter job, if nothing else I can say that I have various levels of proficiency with several different tools of the trade. That's about as career-minded as I get, though. I'm really taking the class because it seems interesting and fun.

No comments: