Thursday, January 10, 2008

Howdy, y'all

My name is Jake Daniels, I'm a junior majoring in magazines with a photojournalism emphasis, and I'm from some vague area around the border of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. I'm also in the documentary photojournalism class, 5370. Also, there will be, as far as I know, 2 Jake's in class and we're both taking 5990 and 5370. Confusion may ensue.
You found the secret text. Congratulations.
I got into photography in high school at the behest of a pair of my uncles, one an artist and the other a construction crew supervisor. I bought my first SLR that summer and have since had a camera within arm's reach at all times. Though I started out wanting to be a strictly still photographer, I've been looking at multimedia work over the past few months and find myself getting very excited about it. The excitement probably all stems from how much of a geek I am -- I love tech stuff, refer to most electronic devices as "toys," and get a kick from learning to make my computer sing and dance.
Look at more posts to find the answers.
It looks to be a fun semester.

1 comment:

Jake Clark said...

We're from the same area of the state too.