Thursday, January 31, 2008

Class Connections

I get so excited when classes intersect subjects because for WMST and JOUR classes to relate is pretty rare sometimes. But low and behold! We watched a video in my Ecological Feminism class not too long ago that is a great multimedia example (I think anyways). It is a slideshow by Annie Leonard about The Story of Stuff - basically where stuff goes when we're through with it and who this might affect. Though you may not believe or find the information valid in this video, it is informative nonetheless and seems to be successful because of the various multimedia tools that it uses. From graphics, audio and video - I don't even know what else, but I'm sure there's more - this 20 minute show is especially fascinating to watch in terms of what they do to illustrate what Annie is saying (with all the drawings and such). Watching this slideshow makes me intimidated and want to learn more about how to do these types of things at the same time. What does everybody else think?

1 comment:

anna said...

Oooo I like this - both idea and presentation. Simple and with a compelling topic.